Congregation Beth Messiah
Saturday, May 25, 2013
Proclaiming Yeshua is the Messiah!
13 Attributes of G-d
Exodus 33 and 34 are two powerful and beautiful chapters which describe Moses' relationship with G-d, and what G-d said about Himself as He talked with Moses. The sages have broken down G-d's words into Thirteen Attributes about Him-- qualities about His character-- which are profitable for thought. Come and see for yourself.
1. HaShem or Adonai - Compassionate source of life. Traditionally God's name is related to His mercy.
2. HaShem or Adonai - Showing mercy upon all those of a repentant heart. God repeats this, indicating it is central to His being.
3. El - The Lord Almighty, Omnipotent: a word for deity, which indicates His kingship over all things.
4. Rachum - Merciful to the repentant heart, compassionate; He sympathizes with the oppressed.
5. Chanun - Gracious, God is lovingly concerned with us.
6. Erekh apayim - Slow to anger, He gives people time to repent.
7. Rav chesed - Abundant in kindness, God gives more than we deserve.
8. Rav Emet - Faithful to keep His promises.
9. Notzer chesed la'alafim - Extending kindness to the thousandth generation, God is truly longsuffering.
10. Nosei Avon - The LORD Who forgives iniquity and removes sin from the repentant heart.
11. Nosei Pesha - Forgives wrongful deeds and transgressions committed in rebellion.
12. Nosei Chatah'ah - Forgives inadvertent sin or deeds.
13. Nakkeh - The LORD will hold guilty for punishment those with a non-repentant heart.
And a word from Rabbi Ron: "Put your hope in ADONAI, be strong, and let your heart take courage! Yes, put your hope in ADONAI!" (Ps 27:14)